Asked by Lena from Vietnam | Feb. 22, 2017 04:16
About:China Transit Visa

My mom and I are Vietnamese, we are flying to the US on March 6 2017 from Hanoi, Vietnam

but we gonna stopover in Taiwan for 3 days. As the flight ticket we saw online, we having 17hours layover in Guangzhou on our way to Taiwan before US. Also from Taiwan to New York we also layover in Guangzhou for 9 hours.
We are both Vietnamese passport holders but I currently working in Australia but Im not Australian and we both got US tourist visa and we can do VOA in Taiwan as we have travelled in Europe, Australia, new zealand, japan, korea...
So do we need to apply for temporary visa to travel to Guangzhou city and to get a hotel?
Thank you so much

Answers (1)
Answered by Malcolm from Portugal | Feb. 22, 2017 20:30
Lena, you mean you will travel like Hanoi-Guangzhou (17 hours)-Taiwan-Guangzhou (9 hours)-New York? If yes, you will be able to enjoy the 24 hour direct transit in Guangzhou in both directions. If you want to visit Guangzhou city, you just need to apply for a free temporary stay permit at the immigration office when you arrive at Guangzhou airport.
Related Questions:
Can US and Fijian passport holders apply for Visa to travel to China in Ha...
Asked by azad from New Zealand
| Mar. 05, 2014 02:18
144 hours staying in Chuhai
Asked by Peter Nielsen from Denmark
| Oct. 22, 2018 19:25
U.K. - Hong Kong - Hanoi
Asked by Hannah from UK
| Jul. 29, 2016 22:15
Hi there - thanks for the information. My partner and I are currently in...
Asked by Ms.Lesley from Ireland
| Aug. 07, 2009 21:37
Hello My friend and I are Danish citizens and are visiting Vietnam this Ap...
Asked by Ms.Kathrine from Denmark
| Dec. 27, 2009 20:31
how can we fly from Hanoi, Vietnam to Nanjing, China and return back to Han...
Asked by Mr.H. M. Hien from Vietnam
| Jul. 22, 2010 04:52
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)