Asked by Ana Escobar from USA | Feb. 17, 2017 14:13
About:China Visa Exemption

Transit visa- leaving airport

Hello: I am transiting through shanghai for 23.5 hrs and I plan to leave the airport for sightseeing. My passport (El Salvador) is not from one of the 51 countries with a 72/144 hr waiver. Do I need a tourist L type to leave the airport for those 23.5 hrs?

Answers (1)
Answered by Kelly from Portugal | Feb. 17, 2017 20:38
Ana, if you fly to Shanghai from country A, and after staying for 23.5 hours in Shanghai, fly to country B, you will be able to enjoy the 24 hour direct transit in Shanghai. No transit G type or tourist L type will be needed then. You just need to apply for a free temporary stay permit at the immigration, and then you can go to the city for sightseeing.
Related Questions:
Is there a free transit for tourist leaving the cruise ship going to the ai...
Asked by Wanda Johnson from United States of America
| Jan. 05, 2016 21:53
If I am in transit and not leaving the airport -2 hour layover - do I need ...
Asked by John from Australia
| Sep. 27, 2016 22:03
If I am in transit at Guangzhou Airport and not leaving the airport, do I n...
Asked by Alejandro from Indonesia
| Aug. 17, 2011 02:24
Are transit visas required if connecting to a third country within two hour...
Asked by Kumar from UK
| Jan. 12, 2012 03:39
Can I check my baggage to final destination and still use 72hr visa
Asked by Mark Doherty from Ireland
| Sep. 14, 2018 20:55
Hi, I am a pakistani citizen and will have a stopover at Kunming airport on...
Asked by Basil from UAE
| Dec. 17, 2014 19:40
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)