Asked by Mark Jefferson from India | Feb. 12, 2017 22:18
About:Policy for Foreigners with Immediate Family Living in China

My wife is Chinese, can I apply Q1 visa while in china on M type?

And how do I apply for the Q1.
I plan on staying in China for a couple of years or more. Will the Q1 get me that time ?
Is it multiple entry Q1 type?
Also where do I apply it from ? My wife is from Guizhou province but living in Shandong.
If I apply Q1 type , then I can apply the resident permit ?

Answers (1)
Answered by Klaus from Denmark | Feb. 13, 2017 20:44
Mark, yes, you can try to convert the M type to Q1 type. First, prepare the relevant materials including your passport, a fully completed application form, a bareheaded color photo, valid registration form of temporary residence, an invitation letter from your wife and copy of her Chinese ID card, and your marriage certificate. Next, go to the exit and entry administration of the local PSB to change the M type to Q1 type. After you get the Q1 type, you can apply for a residence permit.
Related Questions:
Can i change my Q2 visa to Q1 type in China? My wife is Chinese
Asked by Steven from India
| May. 30, 2016 04:34
Is it possible change q1 type to business M type while staying in china ...
Asked by Puneeth from India
| Feb. 01, 2018 21:07
My wife has a work Z type, while I have M ,can I convert it to Family visa ...
Asked by Shakeel from Pakistan
| Jun. 03, 2016 03:01
I am British in China with q1 visa. We have a son born in china.
Asked by Tom from China
| Oct. 18, 2016 22:29
Q1 type applying for working visa Z
| Nov. 23, 2014 23:58
im married in china ansd want to apply for Q1 type viasa, can i do it in Ho...
Asked by Jade from Botswana
| Jan. 18, 2018 03:49
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)