Asked by Leanne from Canada | Jan. 27, 2017 13:39
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit


If I will be staying at an airbnb do I need to register with the police? And, how do I do this?
How is the 72 hours calculated? Upon arrival or from the midnight following arrival?
Can I visit the Great Wall on a transit visa?

Answers (1)
Answered by Thomas | Jan. 28, 2017 08:09
If you stay private you have to register at the police station.
You have to go with the landlord to register your stay.
This is the law - but if you just stay 2 or 3 nights nearly nobody will do a registration for such a short period (it´s up to you).
Better ask the landlord before.

Since last year october the 72h twov in Beijing starts upon arrival time.

There´s no need for a transit visa if your stay is under 72h, just use the visa free waiver.

And yes, you can visit the Great Wall.
Many parts of the Wall are within the administrative area of Beijing.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)