Asked by Frank from USA | Jan. 10, 2017 23:27
About:China Visa on Arrival

I am a US citizen currently traveling in Japan and need to enter Shangai China from Japan for 2 days

I am in Japan, I have a valid US passport and had previously had a Chinese visa, which is expired, but still in my passport as reference. It is the 11th of January, 2016 and I have been requested by a Chinese supplier to attend a meeting at the last minute. I need to arrive on the 18th of January and will depart on the 19th back to Japan. I cannot surrender my passport for normal processing as I require it while in Japan and will be traveling to other countries in the meantime before I would depart for China. This is for business

Answers (1)
Answered by Kathy from New Zealand | Jan. 11, 2017 19:55
Frank, actually, if you can make a travel like Japan-HK-Shanghai (2 days)-Japan, or Japan- Shanghai (2 days)- HK-Japan, you will be able to enjoy the 72 hour free transit in Shanghai. In this case, there is no need to apply for a visa.
Related Questions:
Acquiring a visa while living in Japan
Asked by Mac from Japan
| Jul. 13, 2015 03:38
Am I able to get a ten years visa (Q2) from here?
Asked by Kong from U.S.
| Jul. 06, 2015 22:02
144 hour transit for a US citizen
Asked by JC from USA
| Nov. 02, 2017 22:30
Getting Multiple Entry 12-month Validity China Visa in Tokyo
Asked by dyoo from USA
| Jan. 21, 2014 21:29
72 hour visa free transit clarification
Asked by Bill Roberts from USA
| Oct. 08, 2018 19:15
US Citizen in Japan, need a Chinese Visa?
Asked by C Brown from USA
| Sep. 28, 2011 03:28
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)