Asked by Giulia from Italy | Jan. 05, 2017 04:56
About:China Tourist Visa

I have just applied for a 3-month Chinese non-degree program

at Xi'An Northwestern Polytechnical university and I am still waiting for the admission package. The program should start on 1st March but I have booked a flight on 9th February to visit some friends in Kunming before that. I was told that, if I enter China too early, the university won't have the time to change an X1 visa into a residence permit, so I should cancel my flight and book another one later. Is this the only solution or do you know if there is any alternative? I have paid a fortune for my flight and it would really be a shame to waste it...
Thank you for your consideration.

Best regards

Answers (1)
Answered by Betty from Hungary | Jan. 05, 2017 21:55
Giulia, maybe you can apply for a tourist L type for China to visit your friend, and after that, you can try to change the L type to a student X type at the exit and entry administration of the local PSB within China.
Related Questions:
can I extend this by 15 days as my ticket back to Uk is 31.10.14?
Asked by paulin barry from United Kingdom
| Sep. 15, 2014 02:49
I was born April 11, 1989 and my husband July 9, 1978.Is this a good year t...
Asked by G... from USA
| Mar. 03, 2013 19:26
How is wuhan university and its medical program?
Asked by sanam from Canada
| Jul. 16, 2012 20:35
Will it be possible for me to extend the duration of my X2 visa in Beijing?...
Asked by Neema from USA
| Jun. 08, 2015 21:49
I'm Chinese citizen and my husband is filipino citizen,our daughter was bor...
Asked by Mrs.jie from Thailand
| Jan. 28, 2011 19:59
Me and my husband is in a fight. Should we end it?
Asked by Aimi from Philippines
| Oct. 11, 2016 20:40
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)