Asked by Marco White from Syria | Nov. 28, 2016 23:30
About:China Transit Visa

Layover in Guangzhou for 7 hours

Hello, I'm traveling roundtrip from Los Angeles (LAX) to Bangkok (BKK) and have a layover in Guangzhou (CAN) airport. around 4 hours layover on the Departure flight and 7 hours layover in the Return flight.
I have a Syrian Passport and a U.S. Green Card. I already have my Thailand visa. Do I still need to apply for a Chinese transit G type even though I'm spending less than 24 hours in China?
Thank you.

Answers (3)
Answered by Malcolm from Germany | Nov. 29, 2016 01:08
Marco, no, you don’t need to apply for the transit G type because you are eligible for the 24 hour direct transit in Guangzhou in both directions.
Answered by Mariam from Philippines | Jun. 19, 2019 05:18
Can you give me answer what happen to you when you layover on guanzhoa airport did you apply transit visa ,,because im worried my kids is dual passport syrian and philippines passport its any problem for this if im using phil.passport? Not the syrian for lay over
Answered by John Doe | Jun. 19, 2019 05:34
Syrians now need a visa when transiting through Guangzhou so just show your Filipino passport at check-in and security check.
Related Questions:
We have a layover of 7 hours in Guangzhou. Is there a hotel inside the air...
Asked by laurence from Australia
| May. 24, 2011 03:53
I do not want to leave the airport. Do I need a visa?
Asked by Paul from Ireland
| Dec. 10, 2015 19:11
I will be transiting through Guangzhou airport from Vietnam on way to New Y...
Asked by Carol from USA
| May. 16, 2018 22:04
Do I need a transit visa or other legal documents while having a 7h and 5 m...
| Mar. 26, 2015 03:03
no boardingpass yet for THE next flight guangzhou to manila
Asked by Merbel from Nederland
| Aug. 26, 2016 21:41
Transit Visa for Filipino Citizen
Asked by Geemee C. from Philippines
| Apr. 24, 2018 03:35
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)