Asked by PKUM from USA | Oct. 30, 2016 14:58
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

do i need advance Transit Visa?

I am US Citizen traveling from SFO - WUH (Wuhan) - CAN (Guangzhou) - DEL with flight # CZ660. Layover is 1 hr 45 minutes at WUH. Layover is about 9 hr 5 minutes at CAN. I am transiting two cities in PRC. As I understand this flight require me to get down in WUH and then board again in same flight to CAN. Do I need to apply for transit visa in advance?

Reading blogs indicates that if it is less than 24 hours stay, there is no need to get advance transit visa however when I called China Southern Airlines US office I was told that I should get one since there are 2 cities involved.

Any clarification/guidance/experience will be helpful? Thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Paul from Italy | Oct. 31, 2016 21:27
Pkum, no, you don’t need to apply for a transit G type entry permit in advance for that because you are eligible for the 24 hour direct transit in China if you travel like that.
Related Questions:
Malaysian citizen travelling to the Uk from Sydney, having to stop in Beiji...
Asked by Shashi from Malaysia
| Feb. 05, 2017 04:01
I am travelling from Vancouver to Karachi on Pakistani passport via Beijing...
Asked by Muhammad from Canada
| Jul. 16, 2017 21:51
i am an Indonesian citizen holding a valid B1/2 visa will fly from Bogota t...
Asked by Annie from Indonesia
| Nov. 23, 2016 20:54
Travel to Australia, transit in Shanghai & stay in one night, Vietnam Natio...
Asked by Thao from Japan
| Sep. 13, 2011 02:36
I am from Schengen countries to Singapore, then Singapore to Shanghai, stay...
Asked by Mia from France
| Mar. 06, 2017 04:28
Hi, I'm south african. Do I need a transit visa to travel via Peking or Sha...
Asked by KG from France
| Sep. 23, 2015 21:05
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)