Asked by Mohammad from Switzerland | Oct. 12, 2016 07:47
About:China Embassy in Switzerland

I am applying for Chinese visa (mainland), do I need a bought flight ticket?

Hi guys,

I am applying for a Non-Business Visit (F) type since I am going there for a conference.
I have the invitation letter and the support letter from my university. However, apparently I need to show hotel reservation and flight ticket.
Do I really need to buy the ticket? What if I show them only the flight time (page screenshot from Kayak)?

One more thing, the conference secretaries advised to apply for a tourist (L) type tinstead of F? Is there a significant difference? What would you advise?


Answers (1)
Answered by Julio from Egypt | Oct. 13, 2016 22:05
Mohammad, as far as I know, the flight ticket is not required when you apply for an F type, so you don’t need to buy the ticket if it is not required.
I don’t think there is a significant difference between F type and L type. Maybe it is because the conference secretaries think it is easier to get a tourist L type than an F type.
Related Questions:
Hello, I am a BANGLADESHI OFFICIAL passport holder. Do I need Chinese Visa...
Asked by Md Shafiqul Islam from South Korea
| Jun. 11, 2011 01:14
Do I need a return ticket when applying for a Chinese visa?
Asked by gaofeng from Belgium
| Jul. 04, 2011 01:33
Do I need to present a return flight ticket when applying for a China visa ...
Asked by Jack from Ireland
| Sep. 28, 2011 03:13
Change of Flight Itinerary Before Arrive in China
Asked by David from USA
| Dec. 20, 2014 19:20
Tourist visa. I´m Swedish, living with a residence permit in Japan.
Asked by Janolof Fritze from Sweden
| Mar. 13, 2018 20:22
do i need to book my flight and hotel before getting a visa to mainland chi...
Asked by jerry from U S
| Apr. 15, 2013 02:24
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)