Asked by Kathy from USA | Oct. 07, 2016 22:04
About:144-Hour Visa-Free Transit

Do I need to apply for a visa for a short stopover in Shanghai

I am an American Citizen and I am traveling to Shanghai twice as a side trip to Singapore from Seoul, South Korea. So before my trip to Singapore I am planning on staying at Shanghai for 1 night 2 days. And after my trip from Singapore, planning on staying another 1 night 2 days in Shanghai before going to Korea. Do I need an entry permit for the two times I will be staying in Shanghai? or Do I qualify for the free transit? By the way I am riding China Eastern Airline.

Answers (1)
Answered by Andrew from USA | Oct. 08, 2016 01:20
Kathy, you qualify for the 144h free transit on both legs of the trip, so no entry permit is required. Have a good trip!
Related Questions:
I have a UK passport with permanant NZ residency, is visa needed to transit...
Asked by Dawn Pegram from England
| Aug. 23, 2012 22:51
I have a stopover in Shanghai for 76 hours. Do I need a visa?
Asked by cari from NZ
| Aug. 03, 2014 01:32
Hi I have a 6hr stopover in Guangzhou ,do I need a visa or document to ste...
Asked by Mr.Steve from Australia
| Apr. 27, 2011 02:07
Do i need a visa for a stopover of 2 days in shanghai on a NZ passport
Asked by Cian O'Donnell from New Zealand
| May. 02, 2016 21:42
Do I need to apply for a visa to Beijing for a short tour?
Asked by Ms.Tan from Singapore
| Feb. 01, 2011 03:14
do i need to apply in person for visa at embassy in kiev for short stay tou...
Asked by dryga from ukraine
| May. 04, 2012 03:02
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)