Asked by May from Canada | Oct. 01, 2016 22:37
About:Hong Kong MTR Tickets & Fares

My daughter and I will be in HK for six days in October.

We are planning to take the Airport Express Line to the hotel, what kind of card will you recommend for us? How much should we put in to the OCTOPUS card?
I am over 65 years old. If we take a taxi from the airport to the hotel in Mong Kok, will that be cheaper than the Airport Express Line?

Answers (1)
Answered by Samuel from usa | Oct. 09, 2016 01:07
The Standard Octopus Cards are recommended, with which you can ride on Airport Express, Light Rail, MTR, buses, ferries, taxis, trams, and even go shopping. You need to pay HKD 50 as the refundable deposit, and then add some value to it. You are advised to add around HKD 200 to the card for your six days' trip.

From the airport, you can use the card to ride Airport Express to Kowloon Station, and then take a free shuttle bus to your hotel. HKD 90 will be deducted per person. If by taxi, the fare may be around HKD 240. Thus, taking Airport Express is more economical than taking a taxi. :)
Related Questions:
Why is my package at the airport in Beijing six days ....???? RB4614...
Asked by Sanja from Croatia
| Sep. 22, 2013 20:07
Can I apply for a 72 hour transit visa if I am currently still in china?
Asked by Stephanie from United Kingdom
| Aug. 26, 2014 02:12
Six month visit to China
Asked by Sarah from Australia
| Mar. 05, 2013 02:46
I will be visiting Hong Kong with my wife for six days do I need a visa
Asked by Ashok kumar from India
| Oct. 17, 2014 20:51
Does going to HK reset your visa?
Asked by Sunny
| Sep. 28, 2012 01:55
Hi, I need to go to HK in August so I don't lose my HK PR status, travellin...
Asked by Ms.Ali from Australia
| Jul. 26, 2010 22:40
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)