Asked by G from USA | Sep. 26, 2016 18:30
About:China Visa Exemption

US Citizens with a 15 hour layover in Beijing staying at a hotel in Beijing

Hello. Our flight from Bangkok arrives Beijing at 10pm and leaves the next day at 4pm. I believe this still qualifies for a 24 hour transit visa but, since we are leaving the airport, we have to apply for a free temporary stay permit, right? If so, will we be able to do apply for the temporary stay permit that late at night? What information will we need? Thank you!

Answers (1)
Answered by Jeffery from Austria | Sep. 26, 2016 22:26
If the flight will fly to a third country or region instead of Thailand after stopping in Beijing, you qualify for the 24 hour direct transit in Beijing. You need to apply for a temporary stay permit if you want to leave the airport. You can get the stay permit that night at night. You just need to provide your passport and onward ticket to apply for the stay permit.
Related Questions:
Do we need to apply for any permit or notify the airline during check-in to...
Asked by Evangeline from USA
| May. 15, 2015 21:59
Is there a police station in Beijing Airport?
Asked by Lorna from USA
| May. 16, 2014 02:06
Sleeping area at Capital Airport
Asked by Abby from USA
| Aug. 06, 2017 19:56
US-Australia-Hong Kong-Beijing-US
Asked by Janet from USA
| Feb. 03, 2013 21:54
What type of Visa? 24 or 72 hour?
Asked by Linda Armbrust from USA
| Aug. 01, 2018 14:19
Do Philippine citizens need transit visa for 5 hour layover in Beijing airp...
Asked by Mich from Philippines
| Jun. 28, 2014 02:06
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)