Asked by Ken C from United Kingdom | Aug. 08, 2016 03:29
About:China Embassy in South Korea

Travel Visa to CHINA from Korea for a British Citizen

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for all the great information provided on your site.
Just a quick question.
I am a British Citizen and currently in South Korea.
I would like to visit China for a holiday and to visit my family who live in Beijing (Brother and his wife (PRC Citizen).
I would only go for two weeks maximum.
Is it possible to book flight tickets and obtain a visa for single entry to China from Korea for a British Citizen?
If so what are the Visa fees?
I have travelled to Shanghai from Seoul for a holiday back in 2009 and the travel agent arranged visa and flight tickets, but just wondering if rules or costs have changed since then?
Any information would be much appreciated.
Kind Regards

Answers (1)
Answered by Dann from Argentina | Aug. 08, 2016 22:08
Kenneth, if you have ARC card in Korea, it’s possible for you to apply for a single entry permit for PRC from Korea.
You can apply for a tourist L type to visit your family there. You can just ask your brother to write an invitation letter to you, and then you don’t need to provide the round trip air tickets and hotel booking record.
According to the information at the CVASC, a single-entry tourist L type may cost KRW 55,000. But it is for reference only. The final payment is subject to the actual payment given by the CVASC.
Related Questions:
Good day, I am a British citizen who is holidaying in south korea. i wan...
Asked by Mr.james turner from England
| Jul. 18, 2010 02:17
I am a British citizen, can I apply for an E2 Korean visa from the Korean e...
Asked by James from UK
| Jul. 29, 2013 20:48
Tourist Visa requirements from South Korea (British Citizen)
Asked by Victoria from South Korea/ UK
| Mar. 09, 2013 21:19
Transit in Shanghai for less than 72 hours
Asked by Gary from United Kingdom
| Jun. 19, 2013 01:48
i want to travel to china from nigeria and am a british citizen,do i need a...
Asked by olla from United Kingdom
| Sep. 30, 2014 03:42
what to apply for a chinese visa to travel from uganda?
Asked by sandra from Uganda
| Jun. 07, 2012 21:54
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)