Asked by Eric from USA | Jul. 29, 2016 12:09
About:China Embassy in Russia

Stolen passport.

I have been living and working in Shanghai for 4 years and will be going back for another year in August. I'm an American citizen. I had a residency permit for next year but my passport was recently stolen while traveling. I received a new passport but I'm uncertain of my options for the Chinese visa. Can I get the old one somehow transferred to my new passport? Do I have to apply for a new one? If I do, which one should I apply for and how long will it take to process? I only plan to be in Moscow for a couple days before flying to PRC from SVO. Is it possible to expedite the processing time and have the visa ready on the same day I apply or the next day?

Answers (1)
Answered by Ariel from Rwanda | Jul. 30, 2016 02:10
Eric, I’m afraid you cannot get the old visa transferee to your new passport.
You should apply for a new one and start over the application process again. If you want to work in PRC, a work Z type is needed and usually 5 working days are needed for the process. Of course, you can choose the rush service which takes one working day and you can get it the next day.
Related Questions:
Stolen Passport found after reporting stolen
Asked by Justin from USA
| Jan. 10, 2018 00:41
What if my passport is under 6 months?
Asked by Matt from London
| Jul. 02, 2015 01:01
Lost passport abroad with a residence permit inside. What should i do?
Asked by Tony from England
| Jul. 24, 2015 22:29
I am a Chinese Citizen. What should I do if my passport been stolen?
Asked by Jade from Oman
| Feb. 24, 2012 01:39
i am indian what should i do if my passport stolen in india with valid chin...
Asked by VIKRAM from India
| Oct. 10, 2015 22:03
Stolen passport
Asked by Claire Pancero from United States
| Aug. 13, 2013 03:18
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)