Asked by Mjeikss from Japan | Jul. 26, 2016 00:33
About:China Visa

Hong Kong Transit visa for a Vietnamese passport holder

Hi there, I hold a South African passport and my Vietnamese wife ( Vietnamese passport holder ) and i will be travelling from Japan to South Africa, via Hong Kong. We have an 8 hour transit in HK and would like to do a bit of sightseeing during that time. Can my wife apply for a transit permit upon entry at the airport in Hong Kong or do we need to apply for it at the nearest consulate in Japan?
We are dreading to apply for a tourist entry permit for her, knowing that we will only just spend a quarter of a day in HK.

Answers (1)
Answered by Augustine from Switzerland | Jul. 26, 2016 21:36
I’m afraid she cannot apply for the transit visa upon arrival there. She should apply for a transit visa in advance at the consulate general of PRC in Japan.
Related Questions:
vietnamese passport holder but permanence card of canada.
Asked by NGUYEN THI ANH KIM from Vietnam
| Dec. 08, 2017 00:08
Hi I'm a Vietnamese passport holder who is a Singaporean permanent resident...
Asked by Ms.Helen from Singapore
| Dec. 14, 2009 00:54
Hi, my name is Holden and I'm from Angolan.
Asked by Holden from Angola
| Jan. 29, 2018 21:50
Vietnam citizen 1 day & night cruise stop to HK
Asked by Louis from Vietnam
| Dec. 05, 2017 21:09
Eligible for 72-hour Visa-free Transit if Hong Kong -> Shanghai -> Taipei f...
Asked by Esther from Hong Kong
| Aug. 03, 2015 00:48
Vietnamese Passport Holder have Hongkong tourist visa and want to visit Mac...
Asked by THAO LE from USA
| May. 16, 2016 20:13
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)