Asked by Me from USA | Jul. 18, 2016 16:07
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ

Do I need a visa or can I get free transit?

I am US citizen with a passport. I am cruising in September to Japan from Vancouver BC. My Japan cruise will end in Shanghai PRC. We then are flying out of Shanghai (PVG) airport back to Vancouver BC. The cruise ship line "Celebrity" said we need a Chinese entry permit. Is this the case or can I do the free transit? AND how would I go about doing that? I greatly appreciate any help.

Answers (1)
Answered by April from Italy | Jul. 18, 2016 21:40
Me, based on your traveling route, if your layover in Shanghai is less than 144 hours, you can enjoy the 144 hour free transit there and then no transit entry permit is required.
Related Questions:
Am not in the country can I send my passport for visa ..
Asked by milly from Uganda
| Jan. 20, 2017 23:57
I want to go to Shanghai for the weekend and return back to Korea. Im a US ...
Asked by stefanie t kwon from USA
| May. 01, 2015 22:22
Hi I'm a Malaysian.arriving xian @11pm,22/3, leaving@12am I need vi...
Asked by Thiru from Malaysia
| Jan. 05, 2017 21:20
Im a french And I have a 20h transit in CAN but I travel with open staff ti...
Asked by Lesbre from France
| Jan. 18, 2016 19:59
Hi. I am flying from Japan to Shanghai back to Japan. I'll be in Shanghai f...
Asked by Kylie from Japan
| Aug. 27, 2014 21:00
Our cruise ship stops in Shanghai for the day.
Asked by Jeff from United Kingdom
| Oct. 15, 2015 20:22
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)