Asked by Rafik from Algeria | Jul. 05, 2016 11:59
About:China Visa Exemption

Do I need a Transit visa in this case

I am a citizen of Algeria.
I have a flight from warsaw, Poland to PVG, China than to Hong kong but I have this booking on 2 seperate itinerary WAW-PVG with Austrian Airlines and PVG-HKG with Spring Airlines
I am eligible for free transit? I will be leaving the shanghai airport within 24 hours.
arrive to shanghai at 5:20a.m estimated depart to Hongkong at 1:20p.m
on the way back will be the same but I will leaving the airport as I want to book a hotel in shanghai and than day after take my flight back to europe ( transit less than 24 hours ) all transits will be made by air.
Do I need a Transit G type or just I need to apply for Temporary permit.
Thank you in advance.

Answers (1)
Answered by Chris from Australia | Jul. 05, 2016 21:30
Rafik, you are eligible for the 24 hour direct transit for both legs of your transit. Transit G type is not needed. You just need to apply for a free temporary stay permit and then leave the airport and stay at a hotel.
Related Questions:
I have a 7 hr stop in Peking flying LAX to Singapore. What happens if my f...
Asked by Beth Denis from USA
| Sep. 20, 2013 01:22
Hi we are travelling from India to NZ via China (guangzhou) airport as a 4 ...
Asked by Apeksha from India
| Dec. 23, 2016 20:37
Hello I planned to visite Shanghai for 2 days and leave Shanghai by train t...
Asked by Yasmina from Switezralnd
| Jul. 27, 2017 22:30
Im EU citizen, in case of 24h and 72 h transit visa - do I need a free page...
Asked by Saul from Latvia
| May. 02, 2016 21:44
3rd country visa
Asked by Ioana from Romania
| Mar. 02, 2018 08:17
Hello, Im from Turkmenistan, currently studying in China,
Asked by Maya from Turkmenistan
| Dec. 20, 2016 01:09
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)