Asked by Nick from Switzerland | Jun. 14, 2016 11:34
About:China Consulate in Zurich

British passport holder living in Zurich, Switzerland applying for a single entry PRC visa

Hi, I will be visiting Shanghai from Zurich in September as a tourist. Can anybody help me with the following:

1. Do I simply hand in my application for a "Type L" tourist visa (along with the supporting documents) to the Chinese Consulate here in Zurich during regular opening times (without any prior appointment)?

2. Do I then go back to the Chinese Consulate about 5 working days later to pick up my passport etc. (again without any prior appointment)?

3. How do I pay for the visa? Can I pay in cash? Or do I need to pay in advance by bank transfer?

4. What is the period of validity of a single entry visa (just so I know when best to make my application)?

Many thanks.

Answers (2)
Answered by Baefire from Greece | Jun. 15, 2016 21:59
1. Nick, you can submit the application to the consulate general direct without making an appointment in advance.
2. There is no need to make any appointment. The application process usually takes 4 working days.
3. You should pay in cash.
4. The validity of a tourist L type is 3 months, and usually, you are advised to apply for it one month prior to your trip.
Answered by Nick from Switzerland | Jun. 16, 2016 10:50
Hi Baefire
Many thanks for your quick and clear answers - just what I needed and much appreciated.
Related Questions:
Hello I am British passport owner how do I apply for a visa to visit Guangz...
Asked by A collins from Oman
| Aug. 10, 2017 21:36
hello, I have Chinese passport living in Zurich now. I would like to go to ...
Asked by from China
| Dec. 14, 2009 02:52
Does tourist visa need Physical Examination Record for Foreigner?
Asked by muriel from Switzerland
| May. 04, 2013 03:37
Shqipe from Finland
Asked by Shqipe
| Mar. 28, 2013 02:00
Applying for a Chinese Tourist visa from abroad?
Asked by Anna Horton from UK
| May. 24, 2016 21:06
British tourist applying for Chinese visa in Bangkok
Asked by Babs from United Kingdom
| Jan. 14, 2015 01:34
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)