Asked by John Lee from USA | May. 27, 2016 10:22
About:Hong Kong Visa Policy

Do I need a visa to enter Mainland China?

I am flying in to HK with a USA passport, then I am taking the ferry to Macau. Then from Macau I will be traveling to Mainland PRC from Macau by car for couple of days. If I do need an entry permit for Mainland PRC can I apply from Macau or HK?
From what I know you don't need entry permit for HK, Macau but I am not sure about Mainland PRC.

Answers (1)
Answered by Bruce from Denmark | May. 27, 2016 22:03
John, you need an entry permit to enter mainland PRC and if you don’t have residence permit in Macau or HK, it’s difficult for you to apply for it from there. So you are advised to apply for it in your home country.
Related Questions:
I am a Congolese (DRC) do I need a Visa to enter China mainland???
Asked by Samuel kalala from Democratic Republic of Congo
| Oct. 09, 2015 01:42
I am a Philippine passport holder do I need to apply visa for me to enter G...
Asked by zie from philippines
| Jun. 10, 2016 01:38
I am holding valid Indonesia Pasport , do I need to apply visa to enter Chi...
Asked by Ricky Liukartono from Indonesia
| Jan. 11, 2015 01:25
hi, I have sweden travel document, do I need to apply visa to enter mainlan...
Asked by nasra from Sweden
| Feb. 03, 2015 20:13
I am an Australian citizen and am going to Shanghai for a holiday for about...
TAFFY7 from AU
| Apr. 26, 2017 20:15
I'm from sg if I depart China on my last day of free visa in china & i go i...
Asked by Huang yao from Singapore
| Jun. 14, 2017 20:34
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)