Asked by Kevin from USA | May. 27, 2016 07:44
About:FAQ of Chinese Visa Application

Can I apply for China Visa at Consulate Office outside of my jurisdiction state?

I live in Atlanta. The Consulate Office for Georgia is in Houston. The local service agency charges me an additional $80 on top of the $140 application fee to get (regular process) tourist L type from the Chinese Consulate Office in Houston.
I will be in Chicago for a week. The consulate Office in Chicago will be walking distance to my building. Can I walk in with the application, supporting document, current/valid US Passport, payment check or credit card, and an extra passport picture to submit for my application and to pick it up during that same week? (I am aware of the 3-4 days, 5 days, and express pickup options and related fees)
Also, what are the best answers and information to provide on the application to ensure that multiple entries/1-year L type will be granted? I plan to revisit PRC within the next 12 months after my first entry.

Answers (1)
Answered by Danny from Ireland | May. 27, 2016 20:50
Kevin, I’m afraid you cannot apply for it from the consulate general of PRC in Chicago, and you have to apply for it from the consulate general of PRC in Huston.
If you apply for it by yourself, not through a service agency, it cannot cost USD 220.
If you apply for it by yourself, it will cost USD 140. And as long as you provide the required documents and your travel itinerary, the consular officers may give you a one-year tourist L type with multiple entries.
Related Questions:
can i apply for a visa at a consulate not having jurisdiction over my state...
Asked by jeniene hohl from United States
| May. 15, 2011 20:51
Applying at Consulates
Asked by Brent from USA
| Aug. 27, 2013 04:32
consulate question
Asked by Ginger from USA
| Mar. 27, 2014 04:51
If I live in Vista CA (Southern California) can I apply for my visa at the ...
Asked by Tom Stone from USA
| Aug. 30, 2013 22:44
chinese consulate office in kwara state
Asked by rosemarie from nigeria
| Nov. 23, 2012 02:31
I live in ohio and ohio belongs to jurisdiction of new york consulate. It ...
Asked by Mr.jang park from usa
| Jul. 19, 2010 22:41
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)