Asked by John from Costa Rica | Apr. 11, 2016 03:11
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

Thailand > Shanghai > Costa Rica

I got Costa Rican passport and a residence permit for study in China that's valid until July 31st (I overlooked this when i bought the tickets).

I was planning to go to Thailand at the end of July, then fly back to Shanghai to leave to Costa Rica on August 3rd, because the flight was cheaper this way. I've only bought the ticket from Shanghai to Costa Rica, so when I get the one from Thailand to Shanghai, it will look like China is the final destination. What do I need to be able to stay in Shanghai for a day or less if my ticket doesn't show Shanghai as a stopover?

Answers (1)
Answered by Miranda from USA | Apr. 11, 2016 04:57
John, it's ok. Your two seperate tickets can be use to apply for the free transit policy. But you are only allowed to stay in Shanghai for no more than 24 hours.
Related Questions:
Can I apply for a visa from Honduras sending documents via courier?
Asked by Tania Palma from Honduras
| Aug. 21, 2015 02:37
Hi I am a resident of Costa Rica and hold a Singapore passport and will be ...
Asked by Ms.Angelica from Costa Rica
| Nov. 22, 2010 19:50
Can I apply via post to the San Jose embassy
Asked by Finners from United Kingdom
| Apr. 08, 2016 04:23
What is the cost for a Belizean citizen needs to pay when applying for a Ch...
Asked by Mr. Gomez from Belize
| Sep. 28, 2015 22:42
i live in USA but can i apply chinese visa in costa rica?
Asked by kunkhen lodge from USA
| May. 25, 2016 02:44
Hi, if I live in Nicaragua, can I mail my application or do I have to use a...
Asked by Greg from Nicaragua
| Apr. 24, 2017 21:54
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)