Asked by Tom from U.K | Apr. 03, 2016 09:30
About:China Visa Renewal and Extension

British citizen/ got Z type WITHIN China/ Can I travel out and back in without Z type entry stamp

I came to China six months ago originally on an L type. During the first 60 days I found a job. They sponsored me and managed to get me a work Z type and work permit without me having to leave the mainland, despite information telling me that foreigners should go to their home country or HK, so I have been here for the remaining four months on a work Z type quite happily without problems. Long story short, I've changed type without leaving. Now, the question is, because I didn't technically re-ENTER PRC and get the entry stamp for my WORK Z type, will the border control note this as a gross overstay on my previous L type or suspicious obtainment of my work Z type? I will be travelling to Japan and back soon and was wondering if I'll be punished for this mismatch of entry stamps? I've contacted the people at my workplace and they've told me there's been a new policy which allows foreigners to switch visas from within the mainland but I'd rather get an outside opinion from people who might know the policies better, as I feel this case is not too common.

Answers (1)
Answered by Jim from Philippines | Apr. 06, 2016 04:18
Dear, if you have got the work Z type on your passport, there won’t be any problems. You can enter PRC with the work Z type on your passport. And usually, one can probably change a type to another type without leaving PRC. So there is no need to worry!
Related Questions:
got a X visa can I change it to a Z type
Asked by sandy from Zimbabwe
| Nov. 05, 2016 02:42
Hi all! If I go to China in March, but my working visa does not start until...
Asked by Abigail from England
| Feb. 07, 2017 19:44
changing from X type to Z visa in china
Asked by Elijah from China
| Oct. 14, 2013 04:17
S1 Visa to Z
| Apr. 05, 2016 03:52
I have L type in China and I got the documents to change for z type, can I...
Asked by Eugenio from China
| Jan. 12, 2015 01:37
getting Z visa while on a student X type
Asked by MHD from Syria
| Mar. 25, 2016 21:37
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)