Asked by Susan Bradfield from United Kingdom | Mar. 31, 2016 02:14
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ

am I eligible for the Free Transit Visa??

I am flying into Hong Kong from Uk, picking up a cruise ship and travelling to the following ports, Taipei Taiwan, Okinawa, Japan, Shanghai China, (in port 12 hours only), Nagasaki, Kobe, Mt Fugi and completing the cruise in Tokyo and flying home from this port back to the Uk. Can I use the free in transit for China, as it seems a lot of effort and money for such a short amount of time in PRC. Many Thanks

Answers (1)
Answered by Joe from Ireland | Mar. 31, 2016 21:08
Susan, you mean you will go to Shanghai from Japan, and after your 12-hour stop in Shanghai, you will go to Japan? If so, you cannot use the free transit because according to the policy, after transiting in PRC, you should fly to a third country or region.

But if you don’t disembark and don’t pass through the immigration inspection, maybe you don’t need to apply for an entry permit.
Related Questions:
i am travelling from United States to Shanghai and directly back to the US ...
Asked by Joe K from USA
| Sep. 21, 2016 22:31
If I fly from Hong Kong to Shanghai and then fly from Shanghai to Macau wit...
Asked by Michael from USA
| Jun. 20, 2017 20:53
I am a British passport holder, traveling from Seoul to Shanghai and back t...
Asked by Moon Suk Aitken from South Korea
| Apr. 17, 2017 08:21
flying barcelona to tokyo with flight change in Xiamen
Asked by jeremy from USA
| Oct. 24, 2015 21:21
my flight is HK-Guangzhou (48 hours)- HK-Los Angeles (connecting flights)
Asked by Mark from Ukraine
| Jun. 12, 2017 06:02
Flying from Canada-Shanghai-Japan-Shangai-Canada
Asked by Lori from Canada
| Apr. 20, 2017 04:40
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)