Asked by Corin from Australia | Mar. 29, 2016 05:01
About:China Visa Application Procedure and Fee

Visa for Hong Kong re-entry

Hi there, I am flying to Hong Kong and mainland PRC in September this year with my family. My wife, son and myself all have Australian passports but my wife holds a Hong Kong ID and re-entry permit. Is her Hong Kong ID and re-entry permit sufficient for her to visit mainland PRC without an entry permit or will she need it also?
Many Thanks

Answers (1)
Answered by Lillian from Mexico | Mar. 29, 2016 22:42
Corin, she cannot take her HK ID card and the re-entry permit to visit mainland PRC.
If she doesn’t hold HK permanent ID card, she needs to apply for a visa to go to mainland PRC.
But if she holds HK permanent ID card, she just needs to apply for a Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macau to go there.
Related Questions:
travel documents to Hong Kong and China
Asked by S F Ho from Australia
| Apr. 08, 2016 22:33
Greetings I am planning to go to Hong Kong this year in february. I will...
Asked by Mr.Enian from Albania
| Jan. 19, 2010 00:15
Im from singapore and just arrived in Guangzhou china.
Asked by Gabby from Singapore
| Jun. 07, 2015 21:09
We have US do not need a HK or Macau visa?
Asked by Ms.Rony
| Jun. 20, 2009 22:28
do i need a chinese visa? i am a philippines passport holder. guangzhou tra...
Asked by matthew from philippines
| Nov. 08, 2015 21:11
Hi I am a Pakistani native studying in xi'an, china. i have a residency pe...
Mr.COOLDUDEWN from China
| Jul. 26, 2009 21:38
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)