Asked by xxx from Poland | Mar. 06, 2016 23:40
About:Chinese Temporary Residence Permit

Residence Permit expiration, what to do

i'm just about done with my job in here but i still want to go to visit Tibet. my residence permit is to expire soon and my employeer is not the person to trust if it comes to dealing with all those issues (i found out i'm not registered or anything so basicaly working illigally) so i prefer to do it all by myself for the peace of mind. what can i achieve? do i have to apply for a new visa, or are there any other ways? i've read somewhere (an unofficial source) that i can go to Foreign Affairs Bureau and get some time allotted (in form of 1month L type) to leave the country. is that right? and if not what are the proceedings in cases as mine?
thanks a lot for your time.

Answers (1)
Answered by Tracy from Finland | Mar. 07, 2016 20:45
You can go to the exit and entry administration of the local PSB to apply for a tourist L type which will allow you to stay for 30 days in PRC to deal with relevant procedures and exit. In this way, you can go to visit Tibet. Please note that you should first get a Tibet Travel Permit from a travel agency and then book a tour to visit Tibet.
Related Questions:
Any exit requirements if leaving permanently before expiration of a tempora...
Asked by Mark from USA
| Dec. 05, 2015 01:36
residence permit expiration
| Sep. 12, 2015 02:44
Transfer of Work Permit
Asked by Shaun from Nigeria
| Mar. 14, 2017 01:24
L following expiration of working permit
Asked by Jan Mckeogh from New Zealand
| May. 16, 2013 01:25
Renewing a Residence Permit.
Asked by Jerry from USA
| May. 29, 2014 01:33
Spousal Visa. I got married to a Chinese citizen and would like to obtain a...
Asked by Matt from USA
| Sep. 12, 2018 20:37
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)