Asked by CLAIRE195 | Mar. 02, 2016 07:29
About:China Embassy in Switzerland

Hello Swiss citizen tourist visa questions

I'm planning on a trip to China this summer. I'll travel with a native Chinese friend all the way from the south to the north (including Guangzhou,Guilin,Shanghai and Beijing). Should I submit proofs of hotel reservations of all these places or just first several nights in Guangzhou? What's more, which way works better for me: mentioning the company of my friend or not at all? Like travel alone? Thank you!

Answers (3)
Answered by Francis from Australia | Mar. 03, 2016 02:28
Hi Claires, I personally think only submittng the hotel bookings in Guangzhou is not enough. You should provide the hotel reservations for at least two thirds of your stay in all the cities. Another option is to ask your friend to write you an invitation letter and say you will stay at his or her house. In this case, the hotel reservations are not required for submission.

I don't think you need to mention your friend's company.
Answered by CLAIRE195 | Mar. 03, 2016 04:31
Thank you Francis :) I've considered the invitation option as well.My friend lives in Guangzhou but I'll depart from Beijing,where will be the last destination of the trip,and that means I'll visit Beijing as well rather than just staying all the time in my friend's place.Do you have any suggestions?
Answered by Francis | Mar. 03, 2016 21:30
Dear, I don’t think it will be a problem because according to the requirement, you should provide hotel reservation to cover most of your travel. If you will stay in Guangzhou for most of the time, I think an invitation letter from your friend is okay.
Related Questions:
How much is the cost for a tourist visa for a Swiss Citizen?
Asked by Roman B from Switzerland
| Mar. 16, 2016 20:48
Hello, My boss is a swiss citizen and has a swiss passport. Can he apply ...
Asked by Ms.Sarah N from USA
| Jul. 17, 2010 22:58
visa rules
Asked by suzanne Datt from switzerland
| Aug. 24, 2016 00:52
Hello. Iam a Swiss citizen and will be travelling to Soul with a change of ...
Asked by Mr.Azkoul from Switzerland
| Jun. 03, 2010 05:18
72-Hours Tranist Visa
Asked by Thomas from Switzerland
| Mar. 21, 2014 01:10
2 business men from switzerland, arrive in Pudong Airport April 14 and lea...
Asked by A. teuscher from Switzerlnad
| Jan. 10, 2013 03:58
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)