Asked by horacio caceres from Argentina | Jan. 26, 2016 20:28

Non tourist 6 month stay in Tibet

Hi, I want to spend 6 months in there, a non tourist trip, a monastery/meditation/people/events/festivals/tracking/sightseeing/buddhists trip, and staying in one place or two at the most. From May to October. Can you help me with this. It's just only for one person, me. If not, can you please give me some advise, thanks. Regards.

Answers (3)
Answered by Mia from Italy | Jan. 27, 2016 19:23
You cannot travel to the area alone. You need to join a tour, and be accomanied by a tour guide. Also, you need to apply for a Travel Permit. In addition, I am afraid that you cannot stay as long as 6 months there.
Answered by horacio caceres from Argentina | Jan. 28, 2016 04:01
I understand I need to join a tour, thats why I am contacting you, can we work on a one person tour?
I know I need a travel permit, can I get one for 6 months?
How long I can stay there?
Answered by TravelChinaGuide from China | Jan. 28, 2016 19:21
Dear Horacio Caceres,

Thanks for your inquiry to TravelChinaGuide! We can help you with the Travel Permit on condition that you join a tour from us.

However, according to our experience, the possibility of a 6-month Travel Permit is very low. The permit is generally at most two-week long.

Best Regards,
Related Questions:
can i apply for a 6 month tourist visa to China?
Asked by Kalis from United Kingdom
| Dec. 08, 2014 23:49
Would it be possible for me to work and stay in tibet for a month at the en...
Asked by Mr.Ray Nathen from China
| Jul. 12, 2009 21:34
Can I apply for a Chinese Visa in Romania as an Australian citizen on a tou...
Asked by Brian Sandri from Australia
| Aug. 03, 2016 09:05
Hi, if I want to stay totally 3 month in China, do Ineed a 6 month valid wi...
Asked by Mr.Morgan from Brazio
| Jan. 13, 2010 05:08
I was born in China, now Australian citizen, can this allow further stay in...
Asked by Pat from Australia
| Apr. 09, 2012 21:54
New Visa Rules 1 July 2013
Asked by Grant Sonne from Denmark
| Jul. 01, 2013 03:10
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)