Asked by TAKAEKATO | Jan. 26, 2016 03:44
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ

The 24-hour (or 72) visa exemption: both way possible?

We are flying from Germany Frankfurt to Singapore for 2 weeks holiday and both way we have a transit time in Beijing (10 and 24 hours) I have a japanese passport (I am japanese) and he has a german passport (he is german).
Is it possible to go to Beijing city to have a tour in both way with 24/72 hours transit permit exemption ?
26th March (Frankfurt-> Beijing -> Singapore => 10 Hours in Beijing)
8th April (Singapore -> Beijing-> Frankfurt =>24 Hours in Beijing)

Answers (1)
Answered by Scott from Ireland | Jan. 26, 2016 19:30
Takaekato, you can enjoy free entry to PRC because you hold Japan passport.
Your friend can enjoy the free transit in Beijing. He is eligible for the 24 hour direct transit and the 72 hour free transit, while in real practice, because he transits within 24 hours, he may need to apply for a temporary stay permit at the immigration if he wants to leave the airport and have a tour. The temporary stay permit is free of charge. Have a good journey.
Related Questions:
Can a Guatemalan passport obtain a 24hour visa exemption
Asked by clara vasquez from Guatemala
| Jul. 21, 2016 02:33
Does Philippine passport need transit visa for less than 24hour stay in the...
Asked by Jackie from Philippines
| Dec. 04, 2017 00:17
visa on arrival on 72 hour exemption
Asked by kinga from Poland
| Jul. 26, 2013 03:19
Hello,Free transit visa
Asked by Kristy from Lithuania
| Mar. 11, 2018 13:39
Is it possible to visit both Changsha and Beijing on this 72 hour free visa...
Asked by Fanny from Canada
| Apr. 27, 2016 02:27
I am planning a trip to Asia and I will be in Shanghai for 3 days. My itine...
Asked by Brian from USA
| Apr. 25, 2017 20:30
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)