Asked by Naomi White from Austria | Jan. 12, 2016 07:19
About:Chinese Embassy in Austria

As a dual citizen from the US with an Italian passport who is traveling in Europe, where do I apply

I am an American citizen with an Italian passport. I am on a sabbatical year travelling in Europe. I'd like to apply for a Chinese visa with my Italian passport (since it's less expensive). I don't have any proof of residence here in Europe since I don't live here (although I do have a bank account in France and documentation of that.)

I'm closest to Zurich right now. Do you think I can apply there, or would I have to go Paris because of my French bank account, or Italy because of my Italian passport?

Answers (1)
Answered by William from Australia | Jan. 12, 2016 22:02
Naomi, you can possibly apply in France, but I think you’d better apply in Italy because you hold Italian passport.
Related Questions:
I'm a chinese national who married to an Italian, we are currently living i...
Asked by Mrs.Monica from USA
| Feb. 25, 2011 21:28
I'll be traveling to HongKong as US citizen ( so no HonKong visa required )...
Asked by Mr.Guest from Bangladesh
| Mar. 15, 2011 02:32
My father is a chinese citizen, does that mean that i am also a chinese cit...
Asked by Stephen from Philippines
| Jan. 02, 2016 20:49
One Passport for HK and another from HK to Mainland China
Asked by Monik from Italy
| Mar. 02, 2015 21:52
US passport holder reside in Sri Lanka, apply for toruist visa
Asked by Upalu from Sri Lanka
| Mar. 16, 2016 21:43
would like to apply for a residence visa for me and my family
Asked by Giorgio Marchetti from Italy
| May. 20, 2015 03:20
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)