Asked by Chris from Canada | Jan. 08, 2016 21:30
About:China Visa Exemption

Obtaining tourist visa for HK-Beijing side trip by train?

I'm a Canadian passport holder looking at taking a side trip from Hong Kong to Beijing either by train or air. If I travel by air, I can pre-book and have my tickets for obtaining a tourist type before leaving Canada. However, If I book train tickets, I can't obtain the tickets until I'm in Hong Kong, so I can't submit them to obtain one before leaving. Is a L type required if entering by train? If so, how do I prove to the Chinese consulate that I will be entering/exiting on specific days?

Answers (1)
Answered by Mike from United Kingdom | Jan. 09, 2016 23:56
Hi Chris, if you can't get an invitation letter from mainland China, I'm afraid you have to provide the transportation tickets. It's acceptable if you only submit the flight tickets from Canada to HK and back from HK/mainland to Canada. So if you travel from HK to Beijing by train, it's ok and the train tickets are not necessary to provide. You can describe this in your application form.
Related Questions:
philipino passpart holder need to get visa for 1day tour to Shenzhen
Asked by Christine Dela Cruz from Philippines
| Apr. 03, 2017 03:28
What is the cost of obtaining a one entry tourist visa for China
Asked by Susanne Low from Canada
| Jul. 03, 2014 03:24
is visa required for a tourist visit in macau from philippines?
Asked by gayle villa from Philippines
| Dec. 01, 2013 20:35
I will be coming from auckland on a Australian passport for 10 days
Asked by Lisa from New Zealand
| Sep. 22, 2016 21:15
Side trip to Beijing, need visa?
Asked by Elaine from Flores
| Jul. 21, 2018 02:52
Getting a Chinese visa while in HK?
Asked by Nancy from USA
| Sep. 08, 2012 22:36
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)