Asked by Karen Plunkett from Canada | Jan. 02, 2016 13:45
About:China Consulate in Toronto

Visa exemption?

We are Canadian and US travellers living in Canada flying from Siem Reap into the PRC via Guangzhou...we have a connecting flight to Beijing Capital Airport from where we will fly into the US. This all occurs from May 17th arrival at 2315 into Guangzhou to departure on May 18th at 1600 hours from Bejing. Are we required to have an entry permit...we have confirmed booked flights with seats and a reservation confirmed at the Pullman Baiyun hotel in Guangzhou since we arrive at 2315 and our connecting flight is in the morning to Beijing at 1200 noon and departing from Beijing for US at 1600 hours.
Do we need an entry permit?

Answers (1)
Answered by Fiona from Germany | Jan. 02, 2016 21:44
Karen, you don't need it. The 24-hour direct transit policy works for you.
Related Questions:
i am in saudi arabia and i would like to visit zhejiang china, do i need to...
Asked by ipo from Saudi Arabia
| Dec. 29, 2013 01:33
I have a so called travel document issued by the Netherlands.
Asked by Peter Ruehle from Thailand
| Jul. 02, 2016 21:46
Can Singapore citizen get visa exemption of 30-days to China ?
Asked by winnie from Singapore
| Jun. 08, 2011 03:52
Do Indian passport holders need a visa for Beijing and Shanghai
Asked by John from Singapore
| Nov. 01, 2013 00:41
Can you fly into Shanghai airport and depart by cruise ship without having ...
Asked by Vicky Roberts from Australia
| May. 09, 2017 20:26
Seoul- Pudong- Dubai for approx 60 hours in Shanghai
Asked by Gavin from UK
| Feb. 14, 2014 23:41
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)