Asked by Mark from USA | Dec. 17, 2015 23:47
About:China Tourist Visa

Can I apply for a work residency visa while within China on a tourist type, not z type?

I'm applying for a teaching job in Shanghai and the company says the rules have recently changed to allow employees to travel to PRC first on a touristtype before being issued their work type. Is this true or am I being fleeced?

Answers (1)
Answered by Mark Corrigan from England | Dec. 18, 2015 16:51
Your never allowed to work on a tourist type (L) but a lot of people do and you probably wont get caught, however they will tell you once they have the work permit to apply for your work type (z) in Hong Kong. Applying for a Z type in Hong Kong can be done but it's not a sure fire thing, it depends on the schools contacts and relationships. Perhaps something to think about is putting a clause in yur contract with the school which states if you are unable to get a work type from Hong Kong then they are liable for a flight ticket home for you. Just an idea.
Related Questions:
Work Z type n how long will it take?
Asked by Y L Teh from Malaysia
| Aug. 02, 2017 21:24
I am an American working in Kazakhstan
Asked by Brett from Usa
| Jul. 02, 2017 22:50
Can I apply for an S1 visa within China?
Asked by Emma from Hungary
| Jul. 23, 2018 01:50
i am currently having a tourist visa and is it possible to apply for a wor...
Asked by kathy from usa
| Mar. 26, 2016 02:21
Obtaining Z visa not in your home country.
Asked by David from Australia
| Jul. 06, 2016 21:48
Hi, we're a same sex married couple and my husband got job
Asked by Leon Franco from Philippines
| Jan. 12, 2018 00:31
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)