Asked by Hans Oostergo from Australia | Dec. 14, 2015 19:43
About:China Visa Application Procedure and Fee

Do english language marriage documents (notarised) need to be translated into Chinese?

A Chinese citizen relative - by marriage - wants to invite me - a Dutch citizen, permanent resident of Australia to visit him in Shanghai for two weeks in March next year. I note that his invitation letter needs to be supplied hand written both in English and Chinese.
It seems that supporting documents will include two Australian marriage certificates, copies of which will be properly notarized, showing my marriage to my Chinese wife, now permanent resident of Australia, and showing her daughter, although now an Australian citizen, married to the above invitee resident in Shanghai. Do these Australian marriage certificates have to be translated into Chinese?

Answers (1)
Answered by Lucy from Malaysia | Dec. 15, 2015 19:37
Hello, Hans, according to what you stated above, you can just apply for a tourist L type. In this way, the marriage certificate is not needed, not mention to translate it. You just need to provide an invitation letter from the invitee.
Or, the residence permit of the invitee will be needed, too.
Related Questions:
What is required for a work permit?
Asked by Jim from United Kingdom
| Jun. 28, 2014 01:20
i dont see an exact list of requirements for marriage documents, and their ...
| Feb. 04, 2012 00:50
I have a fiance and we have a son together who is 4 year old in Shenzhen.....
Asked by PIETRO KALAJ from United States
| Apr. 20, 2017 04:25
US birth certificate
Asked by guest from USA
| Jan. 26, 2013 01:04
Notarization document
Asked by Chloe from Malaysia
| Aug. 17, 2015 01:10
Notarised Divorce Certificate in lieu of Single Status Certificate
Asked by SQ from Canada
| Jan. 28, 2018 22:01
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)