Asked by Tris from Australia | Dec. 14, 2015 02:01
About:China Visa Renewal and Extension

Cancelling and renewing work permit (extension possible?)

I am working out currently what my options are. I currently have about 2 weeks until I fly out of the country for a 1 week stay over the new year and arrive back in China on the day my current work visa is expiring.

Now I have the unfortunate problem of not getting the cancellation chop from my previous employer as he is hard to contact (didnt leave on bad terms but seems they are not bothered). Any good suggestions to extend the Z type for just a few more weeks/month so I can get this sorted out when I return? Also will it make it hard to renew my work permit with the new employer?

Answers (1)
Answered by Sally | Dec. 15, 2015 02:45
Tris, since you are about to end the contract with your previous employer, it's almost impossible to extend your current Z type. In addition, to apply for the new work permit without leaving China, you are required to provide a release letter from your former employer and your current work permit should be cancelled. If you can't do this, I think you might as well let your new employer apply for a new work permit directly and then you exit and apply for a new Z type outside PRC.
Related Questions:
Z visa extension
Asked by Shama shahzad from Pakistan
| Apr. 16, 2018 21:25
Visa extend or new
Asked by Bill
| Mar. 02, 2016 20:39
Work Z to tourist L without leaving china
Asked by Qi from Philippines
| Feb. 19, 2014 02:53
Im in Shanghai, my z visa/residence permit expires next week. Can i get an ...
Asked by Chris from USA
| Jul. 20, 2014 04:12
S2 Visa for my mother
| Jul. 08, 2014 22:44
get a China Visa extension in Shanghai
Asked by Philippa from United Kingdom
| Feb. 18, 2012 03:43
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)