Asked by Khan from Pakistan | Dec. 08, 2015 11:02
About:China Student Visa

My X type is going to expire. How to get a 30 days visa in order to apply for Z type

I heard that Chinese PSB does not accept the documents from the employers for the Z type paper if the candidate is holding a student X type. They require to change the visa type.

I know one must leave the country to apply for Z type, but before that the employer needs to apply for the Z type paper. Please tell me how I can change my type. Should I cancel the student X type and apply for the tourist L type? Will I still have to leave the country? or can I get a 30 days stay permit without leaving the country?

Answers (1)
Answered by Hans from Germany | Dec. 08, 2015 21:58
Khan, you need go to the exit and entry administration of the local PSB to cancel your X type and residence permit first and then to apply for a tourist L type. During this process, you don't have to leave the country.
If you get L type and your employer can get the work permit for you during the validity of the L type, you just need to exit PRC once to apply for Z type.
Related Questions:
How to extend Chinese visa
Asked by miriam from Ethiopia
| Nov. 14, 2017 19:50
can i change visa status from F/M to Z type if my employer is willing to su...
Asked by Prateek from China
| Jun. 02, 2017 04:35
I have obtained my Z-Visa and entered China. What happens if I leave within...
Asked by John from USA
| Mar. 02, 2016 02:47
transfer through china before studying
Asked by Ella from United Kingdom
| Jan. 24, 2018 00:39
Hi., Is it possible to apply Student visa for a kid studying in a Kindergar...
Asked by seeking
| Apr. 22, 2014 01:19
Exiting and reentering China using a Z type
Asked by Aimz from United Kingdom
| May. 14, 2017 22:28
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)