Asked by Sarah from United Kingdom | Nov. 24, 2015 11:41
About:China Visa

UK passport and Indian passport - visa requirements!


My husband who is a British citizen wants to go to Shanghai to meet with a supplier to check out their factory and potentially place an order. I'd like to accompany him on holiday (I have an Indian Passport but indefinite leave to remain in the UK). We will also be meeting up with his father who lives in Australia but would like to meet up with us while we're in China.

Can you please advise:
Would my husband have to apply for tourist or business type entry permit?
Is it OK if I apply for just a tourist type?
Also can we apply for multiple entry on the first application?
Do you provide a service where you would apply to the Chinese embassy on our behalf? If so, what are the costs and time-scales?
Can you please provide a link to the documents required for both our applications?

Thanks very much!

Answers (1)
Answered by Alice from USA | Nov. 24, 2015 21:57
1. Sarah, your husband should apply for business M type and you can apply for tourist L type.
2. It’s possible for you to apply for multiple entries if you make full preparation.
3. You need to apply at the CVASC.
The basic materials for you two are same: passport and its photocopy, the application form and recent bareheaded color photo as well as downloaded and signed declaration. M type also needs an invitation letter from the supplier in PRC. It costs 96 pounds for single entry, 156 pounds for multiple entries for 6 months and 246 pounds for multiple entries for 12 months. L type requires your residence permit in UK, the return air tickets and hotel reservations. For you, it charges 86 pounds for single entry, 106 pounds for multiple entries for 6 months and 126 pounds for multiple entries for 12 months.
It usually takes 4 working days to complete the whole process.
4. You can find more detailed relevant information on the website of CVASC and please note that you had better make an appointment before going to the CVASC.
Related Questions:
I am a holder of a UK British subject passport are there any special requir...
Asked by Tom Murray from United Kingdom
| Sep. 16, 2011 02:58
I want lon to bejing, 72hours, beijing to seoul, 2 nights, seoul to beijing...
Asked by Warren from United Kingdom
| Oct. 23, 2017 04:46
what are the requirements for a chineese tourist visa for a uk citizen curr...
Asked by twinamasiko from Uganda
| Jan. 21, 2014 20:35
What's are the requirements for a uk resident apply for Chinese visa
Asked by Lukman from NIgeria
| Jul. 17, 2018 19:02
UK student China tourist visa enquiry
Asked by Frank from England
| May. 16, 2018 02:36
chinese visa requirements
Asked by sandra from United Kingdom
| Mar. 19, 2013 22:33
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)