Asked by Pauline from Hong Kong | Nov. 19, 2015 01:31
About:China Embassy in Switzerland

Portugal citizen living in Switzerland, need a visa to go to China

Hi I am a Portugal citizen and I live in Switzerland, i need to go to mainland PRC in Feburary 2016, how do I apply for an entry permit? should i go via Hong Kong then into mainland? or it is better that I go directly into PRC? Please help and advise.


Answers (1)
Answered by Mary from United Kingdom | Nov. 19, 2015 19:13
Dear Pauline, if you go to PRC for leisure or relax purpose, you need to prepare the required materials first which contain your residence permit in Switzerland and its copy, the application form and your recent full-faced color photo, your passport and its photocopy, as well as hotel booking records and return air tickets. And then submit above-mentioned materials to the embassy of PRC in Switzerland to apply. Actually, it doesn’t matter whether you enter PRC via HK or do to PRC directly becuase portugal passport holders can enjoy free entry to HK for not exceeding 90 days.
Related Questions:
What do a Chinese citizen need to go to Portugal for turism (1 week)
Asked by viviana from Italy
| Aug. 08, 2013 02:32
8-hour layover in Peking
Asked by Apith Manoharan from Switzerland
| Sep. 25, 2015 01:49
Can he use the 72 hour transit visa if he flys from Italy to Wuhan then bac...
Asked by Sharon from Switzerland
| May. 06, 2015 20:05
tourist visa application
Asked by mr. Raju from China
| Jan. 16, 2015 02:47
I am a srilankan passport holder living in switzerland how can i get a vis...
Asked by Ahsan from Switzerland
| Jun. 21, 2015 22:13
China Embassy in Switzerland, Business visa information for Iraqi Citizens
Asked by Salam from Switzerland
| Aug. 30, 2016 21:14
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)