Asked by Ruby from USA | Nov. 02, 2015 15:26
About:China Student Visa

Attaining an X1 Student visa without a JW201

I heard the law recently changed for short term studies in China. If a university doesn't have approval for JW forms, can one still apply for a X1 type for 5 months with just the acceptance letter?

The university I'm seeking to study at right now does not have the capability to issue a JW201 as they are going through a lengthy process of approval. Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Answers (1)
Answered by Selena from Ireland | Nov. 03, 2015 02:32
Hi Ruby, as far as I know, if you apply for an X1 type, the JW 201 or 202 form is a must for the application. However, I saw that you mentioned you planed to stay for five months only, so I think you don't need to apply for the X1 type. The X2 should be enough. It's likely that you can apply for the X2 type without the JW form. You can give it a shot.
Related Questions:
government's approval and Form JW201 or Form JW202
Asked by Frank from South Africa
| Mar. 15, 2015 22:34
Can i move to another institute within china?
Asked by Adeel from Pakistan
| Aug. 09, 2018 17:58
Can I change Tourist L into X1 type in Beijing?
Asked by FilmTK from Thailand
| Aug. 21, 2017 21:22
Z type to X1 type
Asked by Ryan from Canada
| Jun. 27, 2015 23:02
Changing schools in China
Asked by ron from Ghana
| Mar. 18, 2016 20:30
Student visa.Are the JW201 or JW202 forms given by the university or the Ch...
Asked by Michael from Zimbabwe
| Apr. 25, 2016 13:29
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)