Asked by yudo from Indonesia | Aug. 28, 2015 23:29
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

can I change my L visa to permanent residence?

my wife school in huazhong university and have a resident permint from china government,now I`m an my kids still in wuhan and use L type. how to change my it to resident permit? what requirement should I have? now i have invitation family from the campus.

Answers (1)
Answered by Daisy from Netherlands | Aug. 29, 2015 21:01
Yudo, it's impossible to change the L type into a permanent residence. I think what you meant to get is the temporary residence permit, right? You can change the L type to S1 type at the local exit and entry adminsitration by submitting all required documents, as your passport, application form, bare-headed photo, your wife's passport and residence permit, an invitation letter from her and the invitation letter from the school. Then apply for your residence permit after the S1 type is issued.
Related Questions:
If I go to china by L visa can I change it in china or have a residence per...
Asked by dorna from Iran
| Mar. 15, 2017 22:32
marrying a chinese girl
Asked by harsha from india
| Aug. 02, 2012 04:36
I have just a question if i have already a permanent residence in China can...
Asked by Mr.RedField from USA
| Jul. 10, 2010 03:38
Hi, Could you please tell what kinds of visas will give me the rights to st...
Asked by Amily from UK
| Dec. 17, 2014 01:52
My L type was converted to a working residence permit now I want to change ...
Asked by Charles from China
| May. 25, 2014 02:53
I do have a X type visa which will be ended by late Nov. can I change it to...
Asked by peiman from Iran
| Nov. 05, 2015 21:48
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)