Asked by Toby from China | Aug. 19, 2015 00:50
About:China Private Visit Visa

Can my wife apply for the S1 if she is already in China, or does she have to go home first?

We've been living in thre for 3 years, her student X type is about to run out, but my course and visa has two years to go. Instead of signing her up for another Chinese course, we'd like to apply for the S1 type. Can we do this in China, or does she have to apply to the embassy in our home country? Also, we have our original marriage certificate from our home country, do we need to get this notified before applying, if so where?

Answers (1)
Answered by Joseph from United Kingdom | Aug. 20, 2015 01:02
Toby, you can make a try at the local exit and entry adminsitration office to change your wife's X1 type into an S1 type and then renew her residence permit. Prior to this, you should go to the embassy of your country to get your marriage certificate authenticated.
Related Questions:
Can i apply resident permit together
Asked by raihan nowab from Bangladesh
| Sep. 06, 2017 20:28
I am working in China. Can my wife apply for Residence Permit if she entere...
Asked by JC from Philippines
| Sep. 04, 2014 20:08
Applying for Z and S1 visa with dual nationality
Asked by Andy from Taiwan
| May. 14, 2016 21:17
Hi, I have a wife in China, has been overstayed in about 7 months,She want...
Asked by Mr.avhieusz from Philippines
| Nov. 05, 2010 01:31
Can S1 type holders apply for tourist visas to other countries (like work p...
Asked by Ivan from Russia
| Jul. 21, 2017 04:19
My wife has residence permit of China on My Z Visa. She is out of China if ...
Asked by John from Ukraine
| Aug. 03, 2016 04:55
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)