Asked by Matthew Stoia from China | Jul. 06, 2015 02:34
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

Residence permit cancellation? Grace period?

I'm breaking contract with my current employer, and I've been told they will cancel my residence permit, but honestly it seems they have no idea what they're talking about. Can they cancel mu residence permit if I'm no longer working in China?

Follow-up: if it is cancelled, is there a grace period for me to leave the country, or am I expected to leave immediately. Say my last day of work is on the 12th and my employer puts in for cancellation that day..will I need to leave on the 13th?? Please help, I'm very confused and have no reliable source for this information.

Answers (1)
Answered by Frank from Australia | Jul. 07, 2015 01:47
Matthew, if you do not work in China any longer, your employer can cancel your work permit first. In case that the exit and entry administration office being informed of your work permit cancellation, they will cancel your residence permit as well. However, you do not need to leave immediately. You can apply for an L type which is valid for one month at the office.

If the office does not cancel your residence permit, you can still stay in China during the valid period.
Related Questions:
Procedure for leaving china? Can I go to PSB myself to cancel TRP or does m...
Asked by patty from usa
| Dec. 17, 2014 02:04
Can I get a Residence Permit with X2 visa (180 days of study)?
Asked by Ryan from Indonesia
| Aug. 27, 2014 00:44
Z type visa to China
Asked by Cher Hanyu Ricky from Singapore
| May. 05, 2015 22:55
I'm on a British passport and a have a 1 year multiple entry business visa...
Asked by Rachel from China
| Apr. 20, 2015 03:56
about the passport
Asked by candy from china
| Nov. 07, 2016 02:16
What are my options when faced with wrongful termination?
Asked by Michele from China
| Dec. 07, 2016 21:30
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)