Asked by Randy from USA | Jun. 22, 2015 22:02
About:China Visa Exemption

24 or 72 hours transit?

If I buy a ticket from Japan>Beijing>United States (round trip), will I have any trouble if I have a 22 hour layover in Beijing? Its a round trip, coming back its a 3 hour layover.

For the visa free 24 hour transit, am I able to visit the city of Beijing or do I have to sign up for the 72 hour free transit? I am confused and I hope somebody will get back to me on this
thank you!

Answers (1)
Answered by Corey from Spain | Jun. 23, 2015 01:26
Randy, you are eligible for the free transit policy, so there won't be troubles. You are allowed to go out and explore the city under the 24-hour free transit scheme. But you'll need to apply for a temporary stay permit to leave the airport, or you can just sign up for the 72-hour free transit policy.
Related Questions:
Travelling from auckland to delhi wih an indian passport
Asked by parth from New Zealand
| Nov. 09, 2016 21:54
Does Bangladesh passport holder need visa for 30 hours in china for journey...
Asked by Deb from Bangladesh
| Jan. 25, 2013 03:38
I am an Indonesian passport holder and will be travelling next week from th...
Asked by Nabhilla from Indonesia
| Aug. 19, 2016 03:38
I am canadian and im flying from Canada to Beijing then to Tokyo, How do i ...
Asked by Michael from Canada
| May. 10, 2018 14:44
144 hours free transit. Is 144 hours Visa is free or i have to pay for it?
Asked by Leily from US
| Jun. 03, 2018 18:34
I need Transit Visa?? We’re flying from Baku to Phnom Penh (Cambodia) via 2...
Asked by hamay from Pakistan
| Sep. 16, 2018 23:53
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)