Asked by JC from USA | Jun. 17, 2015 23:21
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

Can I fly in and out from same 3rd region using 72 hour visa free transit?

I have a Romanian passport and will be visiting HK and Macao. I am interested in flying from HK/Macao to either Beijing or Guilin to visit surrounding areas for 72 hours or less, and then flying back out to HK. Can I fly from and out to the same 3rd region and still use 72 hour free transit? (from HK to Guilin back to HK). Or do I need to fly in from a different 3rd region than the region that I am flying out to? (for example fly in from HK and fly out to Macao; or fly in from Macao and fly out to HK).

Answers (1)
Answered by Kate from San Marino | Jun. 18, 2015 02:12
JC, your route isn't ok because your place of departure is the same as your destination (HK). Theoretically, it's ok to fly from HK to Beijing or Guilin and then to Macau. However, the immigration officers might not grant you the free tranit in mainland because you actually can go to Macau from HK directly. In your case, I suggest you apply fo a L type in advance.
Related Questions:
Can I fly from Seoul to Beijing and back to Seoul using the 72 hour visa?
Asked by Jt from Korea
| Dec. 30, 2016 21:12
Can I fly into Guangzhou and fly out of Hong Kong using a 72 hour visa
Asked by Brenton from Australia
| Jan. 15, 2018 19:26
I am flying from us to Beijing, stay there 48 hours then fly to Hong Kong a...
Asked by Jay from USA
| Nov. 09, 2015 20:17
72 hours visa free transit: JFK-BEIJING-HONG KONG-BEIJING-JFK
Asked by Betty from USA
| May. 24, 2014 02:03
If I fly in from London and return to London from the same airport can I us...
Asked by Graham from Uk
| Apr. 25, 2016 22:01
I'm attending a conference in Shanghai, then to the 3rd region, can I use t...
Asked by Jack from Canada
| Aug. 13, 2018 22:45
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)