Asked by David G. from Czech Republic | Jun. 07, 2015 01:23
About:Tibet Travel

Obtaining the permission and other stuff

Hi there,

I am writing as an exchange student currently studying at the Hangzhou Normal University (with an X2 Visa).

I would like to visit Tibet and the end of this month, but I am not sure how to get the necessary Travelling Permit, thus I am contacting you with a request for help. I am aware that I have to posses valid Chinese visa and passport and make scanned copies of these, but what is my next step after?

My plan is to get to Chengdu, stay a day or two there, then fly to Lhasa, spend 4-5 days in the city and in surrounding areas and then get back to Shanghai by plane.

Thanks in advance.

David G.

Answers (1)
Answered by Helen from USA | Jun. 07, 2015 21:57
Hi David. To travel in that Lhasa and the surroundings, you have to join a tour through a Chinese travel agency. They will arrange your trip and also help you get the Travel Permit in that area. If you don't mind, try to ask Travel China Guide for help. They gave me a great trip there and they seemed to get the permit very promptly. Here is their contact anyway:

Helen from USA
Related Questions:
I would like to buy bride gown and all necessary bride stuff in Guangzhou....
Asked by Nibal from Egypt
| Oct. 17, 2015 21:32
Gathering information here...I'm retired, American and thinking of living i...
Asked by Ann
| May. 09, 2012 01:50
Where do I get a leecooper stuff in Guangzhou?
Asked by Ahmed from Egypt
| Feb. 10, 2015 00:21
What about protein powder? Chia seeds? Dried kale chips? Granola bars? Pack...
Asked by Jenni from USA
| Jul. 18, 2018 18:32
where i can get cheap stuff in beijing
Asked by Mr.hanz from China
| Sep. 16, 2010 20:24
Tracking #
Asked by Christy
| Nov. 17, 2012 19:22
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)