Asked by Disha Desai from India | Apr. 14, 2015 00:26
About:China Work Visa

Need information about process of Z-Visa and supporting documents required for the EL

Hi, I am from India. I will be shifting to PRC either in the last week of may or first week June as a secondment from my company here in India. The period i am looking to stay there is a maximum of 6 months. Hence, i have been told the i have to apply for a Z type, is that right?

Also, for obtaining the Employment Licence, i have been asked to submit " Health Certificate provided or confirmed by Entry-Exit Inspection And Quarantine Bureau(copy) " . Can you please explain what it means?

Would only getting a health certificate issued by a government hospital in india along with the Ashoka approval stamp be enough?

Also, at the embassy site it has been mentioned that the Z type will only be a single entry one, how can i change it to a multiple entry one and is temporary residency required for a stay of 3 months?

Please suggest a easier way around this for a span of 3 months to a maximum of 6 months. Would appreciate the right guidance.

Answers (1)
Answered by Nancy from Lithuania | Apr. 15, 2015 03:27
Disha, it’s true that you should apply for a Z type.

The “Health Certificate” provided or confirmed by Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau means a medical report issued or recognized by this organization. It is used to apply for the employment certificate after you enter China.

A health certificate issued by an Indian hospital is not enough for applying the employment license. However, during the application process of work permit, which is used for securing the Z type, you should have a physical examination at such hospital so as to get the Physical Examination Record for Foreigners.

The Z type is a single entry one. After you enter China, you should first obtain the work license with your work permit. Then go to the local Exit and Entry Administration Office to convert the Z type into a temporary residence permit. The residence permit will allow you to enter and leave freely.
Related Questions:
Where is the closest Chinese Embassy to El Salvador, C.A. and what document...
Asked by Mrs.chandler from USA
| Nov. 22, 2009 20:50
need information for first time applicant , documents required details
Asked by Mr.Dil Wijemanne from Sri Lanka
| Jun. 30, 2009 02:35
good morning, my name is Dayo i want to apply for chinese visa in lagos Nig...
Asked by MR.Dayo from Nigeria
| Apr. 12, 2016 22:43
An Indian Living in El Salvador, Central América. Need a 'M' visa
Asked by SAMBIT from El Salvador
| May. 17, 2016 21:12
Tourist Visa. Hello everyone
Asked by pabel from Bangladesh
| Jun. 21, 2018 20:51
I have travelled on a business visa to China and I need to get another entr...
Asked by Musab from Sri Lanka
| Oct. 17, 2015 03:48
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)