Asked by Min from USA | Apr. 03, 2015 13:17
About:Visa Application for Children Born in US with Chinese Parents

Chinese Visa or Travel Documents? 12 or 18?

My wife and I are holding US passports. We are planning to visit family in China this summer with 3 children. The 2 older ones were born when we had Chinese passports and no green card. Should we apply for Chinese entry permits for them or should we apply for travel documents for them? They went once on Travel Documents before we had our green cards. I have heard of cases that one side of the parents has US passport and their children was born before they had green card, and entry permits was issued to their children in 2014. And their children had travel documents before.

Is 12 or 18 the age limit for travel documents? Many thanks for your insight.
Min from PA

Answers (1)
Answered by Irene from USA | Apr. 06, 2015 22:48
Min, you should apply for travel documents for them. Based on my knowledge, they can get China entry permit rather than the travel documents after they grow up to 18.
Related Questions:
Im a Ghanaian in Macau on a visit. Can I come to Hong Kong with out visa.
Asked by Collins Amponsah Boakye from Ghana
| Apr. 11, 2018 21:21
What kind of documents are required for Chinese work visa
Asked by Chinni from India
| Oct. 29, 2017 20:06
We, Myanmar working in Korea, want to visit to Hong Kong.
Asked by KTA from Burma
| Dec. 17, 2015 18:44
what is the required documents for going to china search the job
Asked by navenn kumar from India
| May. 28, 2016 22:44
what documents need for second visa in china
Asked by elizabeth sandr from philippines
| Aug. 22, 2018 19:20
trevelling with minors
Asked by sally from philippines
| Apr. 09, 2012 21:39
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)