Asked by jeff from China | Apr. 01, 2015 20:14
About:Chinese Permanent Residence Permit

My wife and I are both Chinese but my son will be born in USA. Can my son apply for the Chinese PR?

My wife and I are both Chinese and we have F1 visa here in USA. My son will be born in USA soon and we want him to get a US passport. In this situation If my wife and I go back to China, can my son apply for the Chinese PR?

Answers (1)
Answered by Rita from Malaysia | Apr. 02, 2015 03:20
Hi, Jeff! According to the Nationality Law, you son will be born with Chinese nationality as your wife and you don’t have permanent residency in the US. Even though you will get US passport for him, the embassy will just not recognize your son’s US nationality until he is 12 years old or so. So you don’t need to apply PR for him now.
Related Questions:
How can my 15 year-old son apply for a Visa? He was born in US, 8 months pr...
Asked by Moon Jin from USA
| Jun. 12, 2015 22:28
what kind of dragon is my son.with a thanks.
Asked by Ella from Philippines
| Mar. 03, 2014 03:38
my son tiger born on 2.4.1998. will his future be bright?
Asked by dslud from India
| Oct. 17, 2014 05:00
iam a male monkey born 21.02.1980,how is the year 2015. will i get good pro...
Asked by mithun from India
| Nov. 24, 2014 03:35
My son was born in philippines want to apply for a china passport my husba...
Asked by gemine from Philippines
| Mar. 14, 2012 03:54
Type of Visa and are Minors required to apply in person
Asked by Rosita from US
| May. 28, 2014 04:01
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)