Asked by Flora Chung Shiow Fong from Australia | Mar. 14, 2015 07:14
About:China Visa Application Procedure and Fee

Australian visiting Hong Kong and China

Hi my name is Shiow and I am an Australian passport holder, currently residing in Melbourne Australia.

I am visiting Hong Kong for 9 days (I don't need a visa for that). However, we have decided to take a train/shuttle to go Guangzhou instead for this trip as we have never been to Guangzhou.

I understand that I do need an entry permit for China and there is an express/rush application service. Can you please let me know what do you need for this? Also if I don't have a return ticket to China, will my return ticket to Hong Kong be sufficient? We plan to buy the return train/shuttle ticket when we get to Hong Kong.

Thank you and please let me know.

Answers (1)
Answered by Emily from Ireland | Mar. 16, 2015 01:07
Shiow, to use the express/rush service, you just need to tell the consular officers at the CVASC cnter in Melbourne and pay more money. The fee for entry permit got through express service is 161.5 Australian dollars and 203.5 Australian dollars for entry permit obtained via rush service. To apply for the mainland China entry permit, you should provide round-trip tickets to mainland China, that is, you need to buy the shuttle/train ticket from Hong Kong to mainland and mainland to Hong Kong or Australia in advance.
Related Questions:
I have an australian passport and will be visiting hong kong do I need a vi...
Asked by caryl from australia
| Aug. 29, 2013 03:07
Visiting Shanghai then Hong Kong. Do we need visa for Hong Kong entry. Au...
Asked by Carole Smeaton from Australia
| Jul. 20, 2016 20:56
Im visiting Shenzhen from Hong kong for I day. I have an Australian passpor...
Asked by Lindy from Australia.
| Aug. 25, 2013 04:37
Will I still need a transit visa?
Asked by Ray from Australia
| Aug. 26, 2013 03:56
Can Australian citizens visiting Hong Kong obtain visas to enter Shenzhen f...
Asked by Ms.Jenny from Hong Kong
| Nov. 22, 2010 01:04
I am a New Zealander living in Australia. My Australian friend and I are v...
Asked by Mrs.Savill from Australia
| Aug. 26, 2009 20:55
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)