Asked by Yiop from United States | Mar. 10, 2015 20:11
About:Lhasa Travel

Residency? Student travel? (probably impossible)

What is the situation with obtaining residency in Tibet? Is it prohibited for foreigners (specifically Americans)? If there is any chance of obtaining it, what would be the process? What agencies or authorities would one consult? Also, are there any tours available that are longer than 10 days? And lastly, are there any educational/study programs available to foreigners?

Answers (1)
Answered by Nick from United Kingdom | Mar. 11, 2015 02:12
As I know, it is hard to get the residency there. All foreigners traveling to that area should join a tour and a Tibet Travel Permit, which is recommended to obtain through a travel agency, but I heard it is usually hard for Americans to get this permit. And according to the regulation, foreigners are not allowed to travel to or stay in Tibet now since Feb. 15, 2015 and the date for resuming foreigners’ entry is not clear yet.

Although most travel agencies arrange tours within 10 days in that area, I heard it is possible to have a tour more than 10 days. For more details, you can consult a travel agency. For the educational programs, I suggest you consult Tibet University for a try!
Related Questions:
Do I need to attend in embassy for getting a visa?
Asked by mahdis from germany
| Dec. 03, 2015 20:53
hi i was born on june 16, 1997. am i going to be ill in the following month...
Asked by karlodisi from philippines
| Aug. 10, 2016 20:25
Multiple entries with X2?
Asked by Linn from Sweden
| Jul. 05, 2016 21:16
travel permit for tibet
Asked by Sitasma from Nepal
| Dec. 01, 2013 01:37
No one is ready to trust.
Asked by Hur from Pakistan
| Apr. 18, 2015 22:00
Chinese Visa requirements on Return Ticket
Asked by Benthe from Netherlands
| May. 25, 2012 02:35
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)