Asked by Jeff from USA | Feb. 05, 2015 15:12
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

Do I need 3rd country for 72-hour visa free transit in Shanghai Pudong?

I will fly from the USA to Shanghai Pudong and stay for only 20 hours, then back to USA. Can I get 72-hour free transit if I only go back to the USA, not a 3rd country?

Answers (1)
Answered by Jack from Jordan | Feb. 06, 2015 01:22
Jeff, you are not ok for 72 hours free transit because your departure place and final destination is the same country. If you fly from USA to Shanghai and then to HK/Macau and then get back to USA from there, then 72 hours free transit is ok. However, you should make sure that your flight from Shanghai to HK/Macau doesn't stop at any other city in mainland CHina.
Related Questions:
I am holding France passport and I will be stay in Shanghai for 2days, Marc...
Asked by Florence from Singapore
| Mar. 11, 2014 03:26
Do i qualify for the 72 hrs visa
Asked by Sanjiv from Singapore
| Oct. 29, 2018 01:31
Macua - Shanghai - Hong Kong - can I do the 72hour transit visa?
Asked by philipp from Hong Kong
| Sep. 25, 2016 22:49
I want to visit Shanghai from Seoul - staying with family for 3 days.
Asked by Joanna Havenhand from S Korea
| Apr. 24, 2013 02:01
If I fly from London to Shanghai then on to Hong Kong, would this qualify f...
Asked by mikey reece from United Kingdom
| Aug. 26, 2018 08:17
If I want to use this 72-Hour Visa-Free Transit and need to stay in Beijing...
Asked by Aliona from Italy
| Dec. 02, 2016 21:43
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)